Start your career with us
Nearly 80 years as a family-owned business has shown, again and again, that the quality of an organization’s people has a direct impact on the quality of the business—and we couldn’t be prouder of our team.
As a family-owned business, it’s no surprise that being part of the team is like being part of the family. We treat each other with respect and encourage one another to bring our best every day.
Training & education
A long, long time ago, salespeople in the alcohol beverage business had to be friendly, good listeners, and great joke-tellers. A good joke is still a life skill but in this data-driven world we live in today, knowledge is everything. With a full-time staff of several educators, we ensure ongoing in-house training for the benefit of our employees and our customers. Our knowledge is worth sharing!
Hear Our Team
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is a growing statewide company seeking Delivery Associates for the Saginaw depot.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Delivery Associate will be loading cases of wine andor spirits onto a handcart and hand delivering to accounts in and around the city of Saginaw. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Driving CDL Box trucks with airbrakes
- Check product for damages and/or errors
- Customer Service skills are required - must be courteous, respectful and friendly
- Operate power and manual pallet jacks
- Occasionally operate hi-lo's
- Clean out trucks
- Collect payment and reconcile route
- Communicate with department personnel professionally
- Ability to operate equipment in all weather conditions
- Responsible for ensuring product is delivered to the correct locations in the correct quantities
- Follow company, DOT, state and federal policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Delivery Associate is a full time position working Monday through Friday with start times varying around 5:30 AM. Saturdays may be required.
Pay & Benefits
- Guaranteed minimum $200.12 daily with Commission and Bonus opportunities
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive health benefit packages including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401K contributions after probationary time is met
- Voluntary Life Insurance & Disability coverage
The Delivery Associate will be on the road in all weather conditions and entering account stores. This requires the employee to be courteous, respectful and friendly to others. This position is also physically demanding in nature, separating and loading cases, and requires the Delivery Associate to occasionally lift up to 55 pounds.
- CDL A or B license with airbrake endorsement
- Chauffer license
- 21 years of age and older
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Willingness to take direction and work independently
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
- Acceptable driving record
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 2-years driving experience in CDL box trucks with airbrakes
- Hi-lo experience preferred
- Experience operating GPS and handheld devices is helpful preferred
- Pass pre-employment screenings including a full Background Check, 10-Panel Drug Test, Physical Evaluation, and Agility Test
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules.
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS.
- Follows all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position.
- Use alcohol in a responsible manner when related to business activities.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
About Great Lakes Wine & Spirits
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere. Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever-escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
GLWAS provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act ADA, Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.