Start your career with us
Nearly 80 years as a family-owned business has shown, again and again, that the quality of an organization’s people has a direct impact on the quality of the business—and we couldn’t be prouder of our team.
As a family-owned business, it’s no surprise that being part of the team is like being part of the family. We treat each other with respect and encourage one another to bring our best every day.
Training & education
A long, long time ago, salespeople in the alcohol beverage business had to be friendly, good listeners, and great joke-tellers. A good joke is still a life skill but in this data-driven world we live in today, knowledge is everything. With a full-time staff of several educators, we ensure ongoing in-house training for the benefit of our employees and our customers. Our knowledge is worth sharing!
Our Mission Statement
We are Great Lakes Wine & Spirits, Michigan’s leading family-owned and operated wholesale distributor. Our mission is to provide exceptional service, the highest degree of expertise with the best selection of products. We are committed to the growth and well-being of our employees, customers, and suppliers, as well as the advancement of our business and the communities we serve.
Hear Our Team
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is a growing statewide company seeking a Merchandising Swing Rep for our Retail Chain Sales Team to service multiple accounts in Lake Orion and Commerce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Merchandising Swing Rep is responsible for the timely stocking and product handling of all GLWAS merchandise shipped to an assigned designated retail account. This includes packing out all orders, pricing the individual bottles, building displays, resetting shelf schematics, resetting cold box schematics, and implementation of the correct shelf and display signage, rotation, product fronting, dusting, and adherence to all shelf and other housekeeping standards. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Generate positive business building relationship with the Management, Buyer, Owner, or person in charge of making the wine/beverage buying decisions at assigned accounts.
- Maintains good product knowledge on all GLWAS brands and takes initiative to improve overall wine/beverage/category knowledge, while constantly improving appearance of GLWAS items when in an account.
- Understanding and execution of shelf, display, cold box standards of GLWAS and its Suppliers as well as the standards set forth by the account, including but not limited to, stocking/"pack out" policies.
- All shelf price tags are correct and in place at the beginning of every month.
- All display prices are correct and placed with current pricing.
- Maintains and places all current P.O.S. for GLWAS products.
- Maintains and uses reports, forms, and pre-plans
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Merchandising Swing Rep is a full-time position with daytime hours varying by schedule Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend hours may be required as schedule demands.
Starting Pay & Position
- $37,500.00 starting base salary
- $300 Monthly Car Allowance
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive health benefit packages including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k Contributions after probationary time is met
- Long Short - Term Disability coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance plan
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The Merchandising Swing Rep operates in the field with daily travel, driving in all weather conditions. Time is also spent in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment. Work environment will vary based on account stops.
Merchandising is also a very active position. The employee must frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop and climb throughout the day while lifting, stacking, moving, and rotating with items, without handles, that weigh up to 50 pounds; push/pull carts with up to 100 pounds of force. This position is required to operate warehouse equipment and regularly to read, write and communicate in English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum age of 21 years
- High School Diploma/GED Bachelors degree preferred
- Basic competency with basic iOS devices
- 2 years sales experience preferred
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules.
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS.
- Follows all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position.
- Use alcohol in a responsible manner when related to business activities.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings including a full Background Check, 10-Panel Drug Test, Physical Evaluation, and Agility Test
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Must dress and groom in a professional manner.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Great Lakes Wine & Spirits
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere. Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever-escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act ADA, Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.