Start your career with us
Nearly 80 years as a family-owned business has shown, again and again, that the quality of an organization’s people has a direct impact on the quality of the business—and we couldn’t be prouder of our team.
As a family-owned business, it’s no surprise that being part of the team is like being part of the family. We treat each other with respect and encourage one another to bring our best every day.
Training & education
A long, long time ago, salespeople in the alcohol beverage business had to be friendly, good listeners, and great joke-tellers. A good joke is still a life skill but in this data-driven world we live in today, knowledge is everything. With a full-time staff of several educators, we ensure ongoing in-house training for the benefit of our employees and our customers. Our knowledge is worth sharing!
Hear Our Team
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is a growing statewide company seeking a Yard Spotter in Metro Detroit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Night Truck Spotter will be staging box trucks on the docks for warehouse employees to load. This involves moving equipment around the yard and transferring equipment at the Highland Park or Detroit depot. Other duties include but not limited to:
- Communicate with Supervisors and Lease Providers regarding maintenance issues
- Lock and seal trucks and record information
- Separate and load wine and spirit cases onto trucks
- Operate power and manual pallet jacks
- Occasionally operate hi-lo's
- Perform clean-up of area as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervision
Schedule & Hours
The Truck Spotter is a full-time position working Sunday through Thursday with start times varying between 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Overtime hours and Friday shifts may be required.
Pay & Benefits
- Around $22 - $25 per hour entry-level wage with Bonus opportunities
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Personal Time.
- Competitive health benefit packages including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401K contributions after probationary time is met
- Voluntary Life Insurance & Disability coverage
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The Truck Spotter position operates in a warehouse environment. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration where the noise level can be loud. This position is also physically demanding in nature, separating and loading cases, and requires Truck Spotters to frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Operating other warehouse equipment may be required.
- CDL B with airbrake endorsement
- 21 years of age and older
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Willingness to take direction and work independently
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Pass criminal background check, physical and drug screening including marijuana
- Acceptable driving record
- Able to pass DOT physical
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 2-years driving experience in CDL box trucks with airbrakes
- Hi-lo experience
- Warehouse experience is helpful preferred
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office preferred
- Pass pre-employment screenings including a full Background Check, 10-Panel Drug Test, Physical Evaluation, and Agility Test
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules.
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS.
- Follows all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position.
- Use alcohol in a responsible manner when related to business activities.
- Maintain a safe driving record.
About Great Lakes Wine & Spirits
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere. Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever-escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
GLWAS provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act ADA, Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.