Start your career with us
Nearly 80 years as a family-owned business has shown, again and again, that the quality of an organization’s people has a direct impact on the quality of the business—and we couldn’t be prouder of our team.
As a family-owned business, it’s no surprise that being part of the team is like being part of the family. We treat each other with respect and encourage one another to bring our best every day.
Training & education
A long, long time ago, salespeople in the alcohol beverage business had to be friendly, good listeners, and great joke-tellers. A good joke is still a life skill but in this data-driven world we live in today, knowledge is everything. With a full-time staff of several educators, we ensure ongoing in-house training for the benefit of our employees and our customers. Our knowledge is worth sharing!
Hear Our Team
Human Resource Intern
Highland Park, Days
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Human Resources Team with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, and other projects. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain file room including auditing and filing employee paperwork.
- Assist in HR projects as needed offing attention to detail, organization and time management skills.
- Supports onboarding process including but not limited to: tracking & auditing new hire paperwork and badge creation.
- Supports recruiting efforts using applicant tracking system to recruit, communicate and onboard new hires.
- Maintain confidentiality
- All other duties as assigned.
- Collaboration Skills
- Customer Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Time Management
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursing education in HR
- Resilient attitude toward achieving goals
- Highly effective communication skills
- Understanding of HR, employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Proficient with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Pass a drug test at any time during employment.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules.
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS.
- Follows all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position.
- Use alcohol in a responsible manner when related to business activities.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. Regular use of office equipment is required.
- This position requires frequent sitting; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary; extensive use of computer equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to read, write and communicate in English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. through 5 p.m.
Travel is not expected, but may occasionally occur.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act ADA, Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.