Start your career with us
Nearly 80 years as a family-owned business has shown, again and again, that the quality of an organization’s people has a direct impact on the quality of the business—and we couldn’t be prouder of our team.
As a family-owned business, it’s no surprise that being part of the team is like being part of the family. We treat each other with respect and encourage one another to bring our best every day.
Training & education
A long, long time ago, salespeople in the alcohol beverage business had to be friendly, good listeners, and great joke-tellers. A good joke is still a life skill but in this data-driven world we live in today, knowledge is everything. With a full-time staff of several educators, we ensure ongoing in-house training for the benefit of our employees and our customers. Our knowledge is worth sharing!
Our Mission Statement
We are Great Lakes Wine & Spirits, Michigan’s leading family-owned and operated wholesale distributor. Our mission is to provide exceptional service, the highest degree of expertise with the best selection of products. We are committed to the growth and well-being of our employees, customers, and suppliers, as well as the advancement of our business and the communities we serve.
Hear Our Team
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is a growing statewide company seeking a Dispatch Checker Associate for our warehouses in Grand Rapids.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Dispatch Checker Associate is a hybrid position with two primary duties, 1 Fielding calls for delivery drivers while answering questions and giving direction, and 2 Responsible for sorting and organizing cases to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all job functions. These duties include but not limited to:
- Completing Accident/Injury reports as needed
- Communicating with lease providers Ryder & Penske for Preventative Maintenance and route breakdowns
- Auditing route paperwork and correcting errors
- Opening and Closing depot buildings
- Sorting wine and spirit cases for returns
- Sorting wine and spirit damages for destruction
- Customer Service - handling customer issues
- Back-Up cashier functions
- Cleaning and organizing
- Other tasks and assignments as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is physically demanding in nature, separating and organizing cases, and will require occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
The Dispatch Checker Associate is a full-time position working afternoon shift Monday through Friday. Saturdays may be required as schedule demands.
Pay & Benefits
- $19.00 per hour
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Competitive health benefit packages including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401K contributions after probationary time is met.
- ShortLong Term Disability coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to frequently lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Hi-Lo / Pallet Jack experience preferred - willing to train
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee policy manual and any applicable contracts, signed agreements, and work rules.
- Cooperates with all management and staff of GLWAS.
- Follows all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position.
- Use alcohol in a responsible manner when related to business activities.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings including a full Background Check, 10-Panel Drug Test, Physical Evaluation, and Agility Test
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Great Lakes Wine & Spirits
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere. Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever-escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
GLWAS provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act ADA, Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.